Transtemporal communication (was: The grey goo draws closer...)

From: Christian Rovner (cro1@tutopia.com)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 09:15:14 MDT

digger wrote:

> To receive trans-temporal communication, first find or create a
> receiver, time will create the transmitter that will find any effective
> solution.

I remember having this same thought some time ago. We've discussed it
briefly in the #sl4 chat room. The problem with opening a communication
channel, assuming it can be done, is that we have no way to predict who
we're going to deal with. On the other side of the channel might well be
a hostile superintelligence. If the world's destruction is your concern,
this one seems to be one of the threats, rather than the solution.

Christian Rovner
Visita http://www.tutopia.com y comienza a navegar más rápido en Internet. Tutopia es Internet para todos.