Re: of possible interest: interaction with autonomous agents

From: H C (lphege@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 12:41:07 MDT

If you are incredibly rich and aren't trying to optimize your situation- ie.
life extension, MNT, Singularity, etc. then you aren't intelligent. You are
just powerful.

Also, people in general (including the rich) tend to make decisions and
structure their beliefs on irrational, emotional bases (instead of a logical
optimization process).

You can't control the desire for optimization in someone (aka their
intelligence) with a dial, unless that dial is operating some mysterious
fundmantal process in their brain.