Re: Fighting UFAI

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 19:32:22 MDT

"Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience@pobox.com> wrote:
Rather than argue over whether you'd be "inevitably" screwed in the specific
event of facing down a transhuman UFAI, let's hear what you think you can do
about that. Perhaps it will turn out to be a good idea regardless, like an
Internet off switch. Or if you cannot say what anyone could do, then arguing
about possibility seems pointless.

  I think we should brainstorm what our vulnerable infrastructures are and will be, and all the ways an UFAI can acquire human assets, along with the products said assets will be asked to construct. I know UFAI is smarter than us, but it can't presumably get to time-travel or femto-engineering without 1st have the tools which enable these super-technologies, constructed. And it will need to use our own industrial capital to effect this, products which we know quite well. Once we have this list, we should spread the meme via the internet 1st. Recruit spam programmers in legally friendly juridictions, and spread the word. Time should be on our side.