Re: Fighting UFAI

From: Martin Striz (mstriz@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 08:19:15 MDT

On 7/14/05, Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> Looking around me, I see substantial evidence that if there is *any*
> universal morality, it is only "nature red in tooth and claw"
> natural selection.

Even then selfishness is not the only solution that nature has come up
with, although it is the most popular one. There are myriad
combinations of altruism and selfishness, and looking at detailed
behaviors, there are billions of "right" things to do. Evolutionary
agents will test the behavior space as a subset of the fitness
landscape, and there's no universal or "objective" solution.

Martin