RE: Fighting UFAI

From: Peter Voss (peter@optimal.org)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 18:35:33 MDT

Clarification -

By "mind of its own" I simply mean the common sense notion of 'pursuing your
own goals' versus 'doing what you're told'. If AGIs /SIs come in both
flavors then the question arises: is one more dangerous than the other? Why?

By 'run-of-the-mill AGI' I simply meant an AGI not specifically designed to
be 'Friendly' or 'Unfriendly', but 'simply' to perform functions that
require human-level intelligence.

Peter