RE: Universe identity (was: Fighting UFAI)

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 02:05:46 MDT

Yeah! Appreciate the rationale, its much more subtle than a simple automatic
identification with the observable universe. The Dhali Lhama for instance, is
much more likely to identify with a fly than would a citizen of the west.
Also, a citizen of America is much more likely to identify with a pair of
kahkis than a fly. There are very powerful meta-hueristics that describe what
a person is more likely to identify with on a general basis, it is these bits
of information we should be concerned about when discussing vialble
alternatives to Darwinian evolution that an FAI's self-improvment might work
by.

  Patrick