Re: "Hostile" transhumans (Re: Magic means large search spaces)

From: Peter de Blanc (peter.deblanc@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 17:03:36 MDT

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 14:32 -0700, Phil Goetz wrote:
> If they judge - as they very well might - that the moral
> thing to do is to replace humans with transhumans,
> aren't they more probably right than you are? And aren't
> you acting immorally by trying to stop them?

What do you mean by "moral"?

I'm for the creation of a transhuman mind which will do what humanity
would want. If by "moral," you mean "what humanity would want," and if
it turns out that we would want to be replaced by superior transhumans,
then that is what should happen.

And if not what humanity would want, then what other kind of goal do you
propose?