Collective Volition, next take

From: Russell Wallace (russell.wallace@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 23:40:01 MDT

Eliezer,

When I criticized Collective Volition before, it was from the point of
view of fearing an approaching storm, a few glimpses of bad things, a
few arguments as to why it's not good. I'm now at the point where I
can see in outline what the dynamics would be if it could be done, why
I was so afraid - why it would be arguably worse than just blowing up
the planet. I can't provide mathematical proof, physical evidence or
even rigorous semi-formal argument at this time, all I can put
together right now is suggestive arguments based heavily on intuition
and metaphor. Want those, or prefer me to wait until I have something
more concrete (which might involve a seance), or prefer me to just
stop bugging you about it? ;)

- Russell