Re: Nukes are SL4?!

From: Michael Vassar (michaelvassar@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 15:13:18 MDT

If sing inst is to be humanities last hope, it must remain focused. At the
very least, it must keep its attention on items which are not the subject of
widespread attention, in other words, on items which we can realistically
hope to impact. Interpreted most broadly, that still doesn't include nukes,
though it may include other technologies that FAI if they have the key
feature of recursive self-improvement.
The chance against meteor impacts is the definition of astronomical.