Re: On the dangers of AI

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 00:09:56 MDT

justin corwin wrote:

> Your concept of a one-way filter is naive. Many people have fallen
> into depravity when moral context was removed or changed.

Justin,

All I can say is that you are not talking about the issue that I raised:
  what happens when a cognitive system is designed with a thinking part
on top, and, driving it from underneath, a motivation part?

You've taken aim from the vantage point of pure philosophy, ignoring the
cognitive systems perspective that I tried to introduce ... and my goal
was to get us out of the philosophy so we could start talking practical
details.

Richard