Re: Transcript. please? (Re: AI-Box Experiment 3)

From: Russell Wallace (russell.wallace@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 17:16:51 MDT

On 8/22/05, Michael Wilson <mwdestinystar@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> If you can't construct any theory for how you might fail it,
> /and/ you truly believe that anything you can't construct a
> theory for can't happen (or at the very least is incredibly
> unlikely), then why don't you just take the challenge and win
> $25 while satisfiying your curiosity?

I've said I believe myself to be more resistant than the other
contestants to the techniques I suspect Eliezer to be using, albeit
for different reasons, and I am curious... so I'm going to take up
that challenge. I hereby offer to participate in an AI box experiment
under terms similar to the ones used in the latest run.

- Russell