Quick Clarification

From: Richard Loosemore (rpwl@lightlink.com)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 14:28:30 MDT

Just one thing I want to be clear about, in the post I just sent.

I am not trying to be definitive and say that a full Bayesian AGI *must*
be complex, and therefore have all the problems outlined earlier. I
only mean that there are overwhelming indications, at the moment, that
it would be complex, etc. etc. I am trying to get us all to agree
that there is an issue of enormous importance here, and I am trying to
state the issue as clearly as I can, so we can discuss it further. All
my energy at the moment is being used to combat denials or
misunderstandings of the very existence of the issue.

Hey, at the end of the day, it might not be the case. That would be
extraordinarily interesting.

Richard Loosemore