RE: Hempel's paradox redux

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 04:36:34 MDT

Eli,

Yeah, I already realized that if one makes various independence assumptions
(like you do in your assumption 2) then the Hempel paradox doesn't arise ...

Also, it's clear that from the point of view of the experience of actual
organisms, "choosing a random non-black object" is not something that can
ever actually be done...

However, these observations don't really get at the essence of the matter,
in my view.

-- Ben