Re: [sl4] Singularity, "happiness", suffering, Mars

From: p3 (rm3cpp@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 12:19:34 MDT

Getting to Mars would not only take -much- longer than
a Singularity (as far as I can see), it would also
take much more money and support.

The problem is not a comet hitting the planet and
killing us all off before we get to the Singularity.
The problem is humans developing (and subsequently
misusing) nanotechology, or a nuclear war breaking
out, or any other number of human-generated worldkills.

He is short-sighted who looks only on the path he treads and the wall on which he leans. - Kahlil Jibran