RE: Interesting post on hacking the self

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 14:15:39 MDT

Zen's referendum on this is more or less to not worry about the technical
detials of what you are and instead, simply live your life in an uncluttered
fashion, which is all Eby's verbal wisdom really amounts to, "you put in
garbage [into "yourself], you get back garbage." I think a state of mind that
could reasonably be called "enlightened" is one where the search for technical
explanation of the self is irrelevant to the self-evident nature of being as
is presents itself in the moment. Or something.

 Patrick Dugan