Re: AI debate at San Jose State U.

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 13:22:04 MDT

Woody Long wrote:

> Also note that the picture on the Singularity Institute website is a robot
> hand shaking a human hand.

Thanks for pointing out why we probably will revise the logo again soon. :-)

It's actually supposed to be more an "information/digital mind hand" shaking a
human hand. Hence why it's made of 1s and 0s, not robot parts. That's hard to
see now that the logo got shrunk down to a smaller size in the latest revision.

Wasting time on robot engineering is not high on our agenda.

--
Brian Atkins
http://www.intelligence.org/