Re: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed

From: J. Andrew Rogers (andrew@ceruleansystems.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 21:13:58 MDT

On 10/17/05 6:22 PM, "Joel Peter William Pitt" <joel.pitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, despite who you think were the good guys and who were bad - this
> didn't prevent nuclear weapons being used did it? And with the current
> reputation of the United States I'd rather they didn't have exclusive access
> to the information.

The "current reputation" of the US among the vast swath of humanity whose
opinion of such things is approximately worthless does not rate as a reason
worth mentioning for doing anything. There is nothing particularly evil
about the US government as governments go, and there are enough real
problems in the world that it is entirely unnecessary to invent new ones.

My first act as emperor will be to outlaw Kool-Aid.

J. Andrew Rogers