Re: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed

From: Pilot Pirx (pilotpirx2147@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 07:50:23 MDT

I don't think AQ monitors this group so I'll say it: I think the publication of the genome is a ruse, containing critical misinformation.
On 10/18/05, Joel Peter William Pitt <joel.pitt@gmail.com> wrote:There is also the principle of "know thy enemy".

By making the genome secret you add value to it and the disease it is responsible for. If it is freely available then understanding of how the disease kills is available and can lead to better defense, with lots of labs able to work on it rather than just a couple of Government approved ones.