Re: physics of uploading minds.

From: Pope Salmon the Lesser Mungojelly (rainbow@beautywood.org)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 11:15:58 MST

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:54:29 +0100, David Picon Alvarez
<eleuteri@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> After a while, considering the knowledge we would have at the time of
> the internal structure of the neuron, we could build
> a dynamic model of the neuron, and replace it with a mechanical
> sync'ed component that keeps dynamic state.

Along the same line as my last post: Consider that at that point we would
have the hard drive space (so to speak) to record a large number of data
points about the usual behavior of each neuron as we're studying it. That
data could later be used to retroactively try out resurrecting ourselves
with a different theoretical model that fits the data. Then we could
start up two different "me"s with the two different models in identical
simulations & observe how they diverge; fun!

<3,
mungojelly