RE: Spontaneously emerging intelligence

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 10:34:23 MST

>"We are not scanning all those books to be read by people," explained
>one of my hosts after my talk. "We are scanning them to be read by an
>AI."
>
>- Greg

   It would be unreasonable to assume that Google is buidling an application
remotely close to having take-off potential. There is an ocean between an AI
system designed to process and organize information on the internet and a
system with the cognitive capabilities of recursive self-improvment.

    Patrick Dugan