RE: Spontaneously emerging intelligence

From: Michael Wilson (mwdestinystar@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 03:52:51 MST

Phillip Huggan wrote:
> What would be the nature of an AGI emergent from an ecology of scientist
> or stock trading AI agents? Do we humans then get tiled as scientific
> instruments or nano-factories?

To quote Eliezer Yudkowsky;

 'Of course you can't predict the goal system trajectory for an
  evolution-based AGI. It's like trying to predict the molecular
  outcome of turning a six-year-old loose in a chemistry lab.'

Speculation about the goals of arbitrary transhuman intelligences is
a dubious business at best, but any invokation of the word 'emergence'
generally discards any ability to predict specific optimisation targets.

 * Michael Wilson