RE: Sensory modalities and the possibility of semi-arbitrary additions

From: Herb Martin (HerbM@LearnQuick.Com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 03:13:26 MST

> Hands up everyone here who's bothered learning to speed-read. I'm going to
guess one, maybe two hands will be raised. How many still use it on a
regular basis? One of the two hands, I suspect, goes down.

Learned, actively use, actively proselytize it, and on occasion teach speed
reading.

[Photoreading offers even greater bandwidth advantages.]

One of my dreams is to see speed reading adopted, and integrated, into the
public school curriculum of a large population state such as Texas.

But you are correct about using it; the best analogy I know for speed
reading, both the learning and maintaining of the skill is: weight lifting.
It's work. Rewarding work, but work nonetheless.

My business is pragmatic accelerated learning -- it just happens to focus on
computer technology.

In the one time I was able to speak with Bill Gates directly, he had just
given a talk on the apparent unlimited advancement of technology my question
was: "If the advancement of software and hardware is unlimited, what is the
limitation on the adoption of technology?"

(It might interest you to know that Gates' major motivator was NOT money but
rather the proliferation and adoption of computer technology -- he was just
very good at making money in that business.)

--
Herb Martin, MCT, MCSD, MCSE, MVP
HerbM@LearnQuick.Com http://LearnQuick.Com <http://learnquick.com/>