comparative studies of animal vs. human intelligence?

From: Chris Capel (pdf23ds@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 09:26:13 MST

I think it's implied by evolution that the difference between humans
and other higher mammals as far as absolute intellectual ability can
be traced back to small, specific differences between us and
chimpanzees, and somewhat larger differences from other apes,
continuing on to large differences from bats, dolphins, cats, and
dogs. Have there been a lot of inquiries into this question? I would
figure it would be one of the more fruitful methods of gaining an
understanding of human intelligence.

Chris Capel

--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"