RE: Einstein, Edison, & IQ

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 04:39:38 MST

> On 11/17/05, sl4ghu@mattbamberger.com <sl4ghu@mattbamberger.com> wrote:
> > My gut estimate (I believe SIAI's estimate is higher) is that
> the absolute
> > minimum team size for a realistic AGI effort is 6 full time senior-level
> > programmers. I believe that's more than the combined current
> teams at SIAI,
> > Novamente, Numenta, and A2I2.

I agree with your estimate of the desirable team size.

Novamente has around that number of folks "intensely involved with the
project", but, most of us are not working full time on Novamente AGI at the
moment, although we are working to change this.

I agree that about this many of the right people working together for a
number of years in a focused way, is what is needed to create an AGI based
on a valid design (such as Novamente).

-- Ben