Re: Einstein, Edison, & IQ.

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 01:21:10 MST

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 "Richard Loosemore" Wrote:

> would you necessarily have identified these
> folks as utter geniuses when they were kids,

No, not if the word “genius” is used as it should be, somebody who can
make profound discoveries about the nature of reality. History is full
of kids who preformed amazing stunts at an astoundingly early age, but
when you take measure of their entire life they didn’t amount to diddly
squat. I read somewhere that Richard Feynman, one of the greatest
scientists of the century and someone even geniuses regard as a genius
once took an IQ test as a kid and only got a modest 137, that is an
embarrassment, not to Feynman, but to IQ tests.

John K Clark

                          wherever you are