Re: Singularity Fiction

From: David Picon Alvarez (eleuteri@myrealbox.com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 15:24:49 MST

Some novels that are related (I don't like all of these):
Cory Doctorow, Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom (free online)
The Culture novels, by Iain Banks.
Quite a lof of Greg Egan's stuff: Distress, Diaspora, Permutation City...
James P. Hogan the Immortality Option (partly readable at Baen's site)
Obviously Verner Vinge's stuff: A Fire Upon the Deep, Across Realtime &c.
On the low-end, some of Neal Stephensons: Snowcrash, a Diamond's Age.

These are mostly the ones I know of, I'm sure there are plenty more.

--David.