RE: META: IQ distributions

From: Herb Martin (HerbM@LearnQuick.Com)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 18:39:31 MST

> > In conjunction with my post to ExI-chat, I
> > thought it might be fun to
> > run a similar thing for SL4. In addition to the
> > instructions in the
> > original post below, please also clearly
> > specify that this is for
> > SL4....
> >
> > Would anybody be interested in finding out just
> > what the IQ
> > distribution of ExI chat is?
> >
> > If so, I suggest we use something like the
> > tickle classic IQ test:
> > http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/?test=uiqogt
> >
> > To prevent this from turning into a pissing
> > contest and decrease the
> > likelihood of people lieing, I volunteer to
> > collect peoples IQ scores
> > via email and make some nice graphs of the
> > distribution. Once done
> > I'll destroy the emails with your IQs and
> > promptly forget the actual
> > values.
> >
> > Please only report the tickle IQ scores
> > otherwise test differences may
> > bias the distribution - and please be honest!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Joel
> >

> FWIW, I've taken that one 2 or 3 times and
> consistently got around 138 or so. Seems to be my
> ceiling. I'd be very surprised if there were not
> a couple folks in the chat that are over 150.

Be warned that not all IQ tests are normed equally so
you cannot always do a direct comparison from one to
another especially for high scoring folks who will
tend to "top out" the tests designed for the average.

Then if you use a test designed for high scorers you
will get another number for the same person quite
often.

It really might be best to do it in "standard deviations"
above the norm since this comes close to equate the various
tests.

It's a generally bad idea to tell anyone your IQ score if
it's above the usual norms.

If they believe you they will resent you and if they don't
then you are considered a liar. <grin>

--
Herb Martin