RE: Singularity Fiction

From: pdugan (pdugan@vt.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 08:11:29 MST

If you want to cop out of actual reading and absorb some cinematic literature
on transhumanism and the singularity, you should definetly watch the Neon
Genesis Evangelion series. Not only does the series and culminating movie
present technologies spiraling toward a singularity (even though it does
feature rather insipid anthropomorphic supercomputers with oversized brains at
their core), but it is a harrowing look at the human animal and how we might
incur existential disaster, for a variety of reasons. The japanese voice
acting with subtitles is preferable, for the genuine experience.

   Amen, Patrick Dugan