RE: 180 IQ idiot (Re: META: IQ distributions) -- thread mutation to Global Warming EVIDENCE

From: Herb Martin (HerbM@LearnQuick.Com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 13:47:02 MST

> > A common misconception fostered because it is useful to some
> > ideological factions. When global temps rise, CO2 levels tend to
> > rise, not the other way around.
>
> Ah, yes, the grand conspiracy of the cabal known as the entire
> scientific community. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
> (that bastion of political ideology), a body which collates published,
> peer-reviewed data from hundreds of papers, representing the findings
> of thousands of scientists, has deteremined that humans are
> contributing significantly to the global climate changes that we are
> facing. But Mr. Rogers knows better.

"The ENTIRE scientific community..." (emphasis added) makes
it clear that either you are willing to exaggerate to the
point of fabrication OR you have been thoroughly taken by
the propaganda on this subject which is precisely what the
ideological factions."

You should be extremely suspicious of any such universal
quantifiers (e.g., Entire scientific community) on such
controversial issue, or else we must be suspicious of you,
your posts, as to accuracy or honesty.

Maybe there is a problem; maybe there isn't. Maybe
human activity is staving off the expected (due in
geological times) 'next Ice Age' but more likely human
activity is having a small effect on natural swings of
global temperatures.

Before making up one's mind to the point of being
"certain" and unwilling to consider additional facts it
would do well to hear the explanations of Patrick J.
Michaels.

Michaels is a professor of environmental sciences at
the University of Virginia, past president of the American
Association of State Climatologists, past program chair
for the Committee on Applied Climatology of the American
Meteorological Society, contributing author and reviewer
of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change...

Wait a minute! Isn't that the UN Panel you quoted as
providing definite evidence and proof of your position?

Maybe you should READ what Michaels has to say on this
subject so that you can know the disagreements and
understand how the actual findings are frequently
misinterpreted by the press and others with a political
axe to grind.

Start with the very affordable:
Meltdown : The Predictable Distortion of Global Warming by Scientists,
Politicians, and the Media - Patrick J. Michaels; Paperback
<
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1930865791/002-8714361-7898438?v=glance&n=2
83155&%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance >

Or the more expensive:
Shattered Consensus: The True State Of Global Warming
by Patrick J. Michaels (Hardcover - October 28, 2005)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-8714361-7898438

Keep and open mind and research both sides.

Things are NOT so clearly decided (among the experts)
as the press would have us believe.

--
Herb Martin