Re: guaranteeing friendliness

From: Christian Rovner (cro1@tutopia.com)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 06:18:17 MST

Richard Loosemore wrote:

> I repeat: why is extreme smartness capable of extreme persuasion?

Persuasion is a special case of reality-optimization (aka goal-achieving).

If you are asking why extreme smartness is capable of achieving goals,
then I really don't know--otherwise I would be programming AI. Of couse
this is not obvious at all.

If you are asking why extreme smartness is capable of achieving this
kind of goal in particular, I'll ask in return: Why not? Is there
something special about a human mind that makes it unpredictable, no
matter how detailed and accurate a (causal) model we use?

Christian Rovner