Cultishness as a high-entropy state

From: Marc Geddes (m_j_geddes@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 22:01:19 MST

>One of the reasons Marc Geddes is still on this list
is that I >am reluctant to kick off a resident
crackpot who at least knows >how to spell and is more
or less polite.

I'm not 'resident' here. As to 'crackpot' I admitted
most of my off the cuff ideas were complete shit.
Listen, you and Wilson are sitting there all day
working on this stuff, with loads of cash and
resources. I ain't got any money or resources and was
only looking into it as a fun hobby in my spare time.
It's hardly surprising I was only able to come up with
shit.

The moral of my 'puzle game' story was that the
under-dog can sometimes whip the arses of the
so-called 'geniuses'. Pride comes before a fall.

>If I remove Marc Geddes, then someone *else* will
stand out as the most disagreeable person - should I
remove them too? While Marc Geddes stays on the list,
other people will feel that much more comfortable
about disagreeing - there's an example to follow,
someone who dared to disagree, who is in fact clearly
an idiot, yet was not struck down for his sins

Cleary an 'idiot' huh? AS I told you, I haven't even
looked properly into this AGI stuff yet, yet to lack
of resources. But even so, if I get my 'bottom line'
initial assertions correct, you're the one that's
going to end up getting cream pied.

I don't know what your problem is. I started by
posting a few fun ideas towards a 'theory of
everything' and you seemed to go nuts, telling me I'd
'snapped completely'. I continued tossing out ideas.
Since no one was listening here, I eventually posted a
fun summary of these initial ideas on the Extropy
list. I was then informed by you, completely
gratuitiously, that I was of 'sub-human intelligence'.
 What's the problem? Worried I'm right?

It's easy to demonstrate, that in fact, at many
regions in the multiverse, I'm smarter than you.

For instance I think I pointed out on wta-talk that
*cross-time* comparisons could be performed - i.e
between my future post-human self and your current
self. Then I'm sure the uplifted (posthuman) Geddes
could beat the current Yudkowsky.

Alternatively, simply perform another *cross-time*
comparison between my *current* self and your *past*
self. i.e Compare Geddes now with Yudkowsky at say 5
years of age. I'm sure the current Geddes could beat
the 5 year old Yudkowsky.

To see a World in a grain of sand,
And Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand