RE: Why the Spike did not happen

From: Stuart, Ian (Ian.Stuart@woolpert.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 19:21:26 MST

>Ambient Irony <http://ai.mu.nu/archives/2104/01/forever_in_a_dr.php>:

Yes, I tried to add some common sense and common knowledge to the comments of that post back in September.
I do not know why it remains the top of the list when one searches for "technological singularity" on Google's blog search.

I have since begun debating the use of combatting ignorance in all of the myriad places that it crops up. Perhaps the singularity needs a Foresight like cheerleading organization to do some PR and rumor control, but again, I am not certain of the cost to benefit ratio of such an undertaking.

Ian Stuart