Re: Pete & Passive AI

From: David Picon Alvarez (eleuteri@myrealbox.com)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 01:00:55 MST

From: "P K" <kpete1@hotmail.com>
Hi,

I'm not sure if it's just me, but your e-mail seems to contain a lot of
symbols. The 's and such do not seem to be right, maybe a problem of
latin1/unicode/whatever.

Materially speaking, the problem with such an approach you propose is that
any sufficiently advance process of thinking requires action. Even theorem
solvers require a strategy module to decide what paths to follow. Thinking
is just a subset of acting, and from the viewpoint of an AI where everything
is data not a particularly useful subset to consider.

--David.