Re: Pete & Passive AI

From: David Picon Alvarez (eleuteri@myrealbox.com)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 01:29:23 MST

From: "Phillip Huggan" <cdnprodigy@yahoo.com>
> There is no reason the actions required for effective thinking cannot be
filtered through humans. To use Pete's analogy: an AGI wants satellite
data. It asks for infrared photos at xy coordinate in 1/2 an hr. We say,
alright sure here you go.

Sure, that's quite an effective example, but what is the material difference
between thinking and acting? Is the AI going to say "need to follow this way
to prove the theorem, ok?" Is it going to say "need to refactor this piece
of my source code?" Where is the barrier between thought and action?

--David.