Public outreach (Was Re: Destruction of All Humanity)

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 15:58:19 MST

I think a one or two sentence preface would suffice. A few weeks ago there was a thread regarding uncovering AGI programmer diamonds in the rough. A very simple way of effecting this is to translate AGI essays into other languages, esp. Mandarin.

Austin Parish <rm3cpp@yahoo.com> wrote: Eliezer-2005 should perhaps change a sentence or two in several popular documents that Eliezer-1998 has written concerning the singularity, which are still widely read despite not reflecting Eliezer's current thoughts.

I remember dropping my jaw agape in horror when reading a phrase that was in Staring into the Singularity, a phrase essentially similar to this one. Although many writings composed later (as well as the overall tone of SIAI and the personalities that comprise it) rescinded the original statement totally, your average internet-mind generally reads Staring into the Singularity and then stops altogether.

Yahoo! Shopping