Re: Please Re-read CAFAI

From: micah glasser (micahglasser@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 22:58:10 MST

Let me clarify on my comments about the categorical imeperative. Of course
the CI does not constitute a goal system in and of itself. What I am
proposing is that personal freedom be the highest attainable goal. If this
is the goal and it is left unchecked then any intelligence would quickly
learn to impose its will on others. And in the case of a super intelligence
this would be a disaster. However, if the descsion making network were built
around a CI then the AI would continuously act to advance its own knowledge
and power (to increase personal freedom) as part of its goal system but
would never act in a way that would obviously interfere with the free will
of another. In this manner it could fulfill all of its potential with out
coming into conflict with any other rational agent.On 12/14/05, Jef

--
I swear upon the alter of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny
over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson