Re: Free Will not an illusion

From: steve p (aflaksp@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 11:03:40 MST

you say that whether or not the the neurons fire is
based on electrical impulses which shows that you are
exercising free will, but people have no choice on
what these impulses do. the impulses are solely based
on outcomes of previous events. the only way that you
could claim this is free will is if these impulses are
somehow determined randomly, which i would still not
consider free will because you are bound by the
outcome of a random event. when these impulses are
looked at on the subatomic level, it is just certain
particles reacting with each other. to argue that two
reactions with the exact same variables can have a
different outcome is to argue against all logic. if we
could somehow create two people in two parralel
universes who are exactly identical down to the
subatomic level and have been raised 100% the same,
and we made them make a decision on something they
would both make the same decision. this shows that
they do not have free will because they have to make
the same choice.