Re: Free Will not an illusion..

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 23:44:08 MST

Is free will an illusion? I don’t much care, illusions are subjective
experiences and I like subjective experiences, in fact they are the only
type I know anything about. But I do know that when I’m thinking about
something I don’t know what conclusion I will come up with until I
actually come up with it, because it takes my brain time to process
information. After I’ve finished running the subprogram in my head I say
to myself “I had a choice to make and I made it, I made a decision with
my own free will”.

Are all my decisions based on cause and effect? I like to think so, I
like to think I’m a intelligent man, I like to think there are always
reasons (causes) for me acting the way I do; but if I’m honest with
myself I must admit that sometimes that may not be true, sometimes I may
do thing for no reason at all, in other words sometimes my actions may
be random.

John K Clark

                          love email again