RE: impotent disorganized gods?

From: Remy Webb (rtwebb43@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 26 2005 - 17:12:16 MST

Patrick

  I would have to say I am more likely than not to believe this is a valid description of our current universe. As far as I know or have learned; (down to the most minute quantum aspects of this reality), EVERYTHING exhibits some aspect of choice and thus consciousness. Of course, the degrees of complexity of organization of consciousness varies from simple choices to extremely complex . We as the most complex organization of this universe we know of capable of self-recognition would simply be prime aspects of an infinite mind localized to a tiny aspect of time, space, and matter. In short, I am apt to believe the universe is interstitially imbued through all levels of complexity with aspects of consciousness which when integrated would comprise the very mind of a robust being as well as the very being of a robust mind alluded to in this following paragraph.

  "Maybe "god" in the evolutionary Type VII sense, is mindless and god
simultaneously, due to the blind prodecurality of its optimization process.
This would suggest that in the process of absolute transcension a civilization
receeds "mind" in favor of "being", that is a Type VII civilization becomes so
advanced that it decides to receed intelligent design in favor of a more
pervasive mode of creation, one which is primal, mindless and unbound. In this
manner the both sides of the Fermi Paradox equation cancle out to a zero-sum,
intelligence goes to zero as influence goes to i! nfinity. Or vice versa, in the
case of inward development. Whether we are the first form of intelligent life
ever, or supercivilizations have preceeded us, we are still the first form of
intelligent life as far as we're concerned."

Patrick

    If this is mostly true then it begs some more questions:

  What phase are we in within this consciousness organization modality?

  In context, is there truly such a thing as death?

  If all energy/matter is recycled, reborn, and reused then tautologically speaking how is a more complex lifeform which replaces us inherently wrong in destroying us?

Pilot Pirx <pilotpirx2147@yahoo.com> wrote:

pdugan <pdugan@vt.edu> wrote: >===== Original Message From Phillip Huggan =====
> "Gods" existing outside of our universe won't be formed of
carbon-based brains and so won't even be conscious, right? I mean, if new
universes can only be created in a way that marginally shifts the likelyhood
they will not be hell-worlds downwards... the gods seem weak. The way I see
it, the singularity happened when the last ice-age subsided 10000 years!
> ago.

A bit from a blog I read, which has nothing explicetedly to do with this
conversation, keyed me into the nature of what you're saying, which makes me
thing you may be onto something about the "gods". The context of this bit is
in relations to a conversation the blog author had with a guitarist about a
loop pe! dal's performance, but its explicit message has something to it:

"If you decide to do what I do, and by all means you should because it's
a great way to practice and build a sense of rhythm, learn this well: the loop
does not change. It does not slow down. It does not speed up. That is the
whole point of a loop. And because it is mindless, the loop is god."

Maybe "god" in the evolutionary Type VII sense, is mindless and god
simultaneously, due to the blind prodecurality of its optimization process.
This would suggest that in the process of absolute transcension a civilization
receeds "mind" in favor of "being", that is a Type VII civilization becomes so
advanced that it decides to receed intelligent design in favor of a more
pervasive mode of creation, one which is primal, mindless and unbound. In this
manner the both sides of the Fermi Paradox equation cancle out to a zero-sum,
intelligence goes to zero as influence goes to i! nfinity. Or vice versa, in the
case of inward development. Whether we are the first form of intelligent life
ever, or supercivilizations have preceeded us, we are still the first form of
intelligent life as far as we're concerned.

Patrick

Yahoo! Shopping