Re: Actually, Psycholgical Bulletin is a mainstream publication

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 16:35:20 MST

Richard Loosemore wrote:

>>You can find these [papsycholgical] results in such journals as:
>>International Journal of Parapsychology
>>Psychological Bulletin
>>European Journal of Parapsychology
>>Journal of Parapsychology
>>Journal of the Society for Psychical Research
>>Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research

> Psychological Bulletin is a journal of the American Psychological
> Association, (APA) the world's premier publisher of scientific research
> in the field of psychology. The complete list of APA journals is:

[a very very very long and irelavent list of other publacations produced
by the same company]

I note that you chose to defend the only “Journal” that does not have
the word “Parapsychology” or “Psychical” in it. Wise move. But I had a
look at the list of the 50 most cited scientific articles of all time,
and guess what, not one of them came out in any of the publications you
mentioned, not even your new and improved extended list. Then I thought
maybe I was being unfair, maybe I was being too demanding, so I looked
at a list of the most cited articles in just the past year in the
physical sciences, but again, none of your journals could be seen. Then
I searched for the most cited articles in chemistry and biology in the
past year and nothing had changed, they had still never heard of any of
your “journals”. Not one. And the number of times a real science journal
cited anything in one of yours could be counted on with the fingers of
one hand, and you would still have enough fingers to scratch your nose.

Conclusion: Your journals are shit.

John K Clark

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?