Re: Singularity: A rock 'em, shock 'em ending soon?

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 13:03:01 MST

I can think of no plan using present conventional police or military forces that does not create more risks than it solves. You can buy a few months or so by suspending the operation of any AGI server warehouses that become publicly known. But the AGI programmes that don't come to light will be much more likely to be *bad* than are the ones that make themselves known. Maybe with technology advances and global police/military ethical maturity; maybe you could call in the cavalry then. I don't see that in the world today.

nuzz604 <nuzz604@gmail.com> wrote: Hypothetically, if this were not a hoax, and there is a good probability of
it being a UFAI, there would need to be a plan to try and fix things before
it launches. This is a good reminder that we do not have such a plan and it
might be a good idea to come up with one. I am not sure if this has been
discussed before (I am not aware of any discussions specifically for this).