Re: 3 "Real" Conscious Machines [WAS Re: Singularity: A rock 'em, shock'em ending soon?]

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 16:30:56 MST

Ken,

Can you point me to any (formal or informal) publications underlying
this extraordinary claim you're making?

To help me ground your claim, are you contending that your AI could
handle the questions posed in the Pascal Challenge for textual
entailment:

http://www.pascal-network.org/Challenges/RTE/Introduction/

?

To my knowledge no current AI system can handle such questions in a
systematically correct way.

This challenge is a subset of the Turing test -- passing this
challenge does NOT prove any sort of powerful AGI, in my view. I just
want to be sure that you are claiming your system has at least this
level of intelligence, before progressing to posing you further more
difficult and probing questions about your work.

-- Ben