Re: Dynamic ethics

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 09:57:08 MST

> I think cats would have been an interesting dominant species. They
> would transcend much faster, then blow themselves up. Because if you
> left a hyperintelligent cat in a room with a button, and said, "This
> button will blow up the earth if you press it", the cat would still
> HAVE to press the button.
>
> - Phil

This relates to my long-standing proposal that the solution to
Friendly AI is to create super-intelligent guinea pigs.

Guinea pigs are really nice, it's hard to imagine one intentionally
doing harm.

Juice up a guinea pig's brain with superhuman intelligence and the
power to self-modify, and there you go! We don't need Collective
Volition and all that fancy stuff...

I would be willing to donate one of my guinea pigs to this cause, in
the interest of furthering a positive Singularity.

Cats, I'd suggest we leave blissfully stupid...

-- Ben G