Re: Syllabus for Seed Developer Qualifications [WAS Re: Some considerations about AGI]

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 19:28:20 MST

Hi,

In this vein, I have recently posted on the AGIRI Forum at the following link

http://www.agiri.org/forum/index.php?s=1c161517fbbdd4f7bb8d4b6ba76ab3c4&showtopic=65&pid=170&st=0&#entry170

a list of books pertaining to developmental psychology that are now on
my bookshelf.

I have not read them all yet so I can't vouch for them all, but I found

Tomassello -- Constructing a Language

to be a particularly good review of the modern language acquisition literature,

Shultz -- Computational Developmental Psychology

to be a good review of modern ill-conceived attempts to use
over-simplistic neural net and rule-based AI methods to emulate young
children's learning processes,

Thelen & Smith -- Dynamical Systems Approaches to the Development of
Cognition and Action

to be a good review of dynamical systems approaches to modeling motor
learning and infantile cognition, and

Noe -- Perception in Action

to be an interesting though in some respects overly extreme argument
in favor of the extremely tight integration of perception and action
in human neuropsychology.

-- Ben