Re: Syllabus for Seed Developer Qualifications [WAS Re: Some considerations about AGI]

From: Mikko Särelä (msarela@cc.hut.fi)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 00:21:38 MST

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> Game theory (if that's what it's called) - to understand the difference
> between the "zero-sum" game of most traditional models, and "infinite
> resource" (for lack of a better term opposite zero-sum) thinking that
> will result from a post-Singularity economy.

I'd also add the game theoretic theory of morality. Possibly not
directly relevant to FAI or AGI, but definitely relevant in understanding
how human morality has come to be and what are the things that maintain
it. Might allow one to avoid a few dangerous pitfalls.

--
Mikko Särelä	http://thoughtsfromid.blogspot.com/
    "Happiness is not a destination, but a way of travelling." Aristotle