OT: human psychological bias

From: Chris Capel (pdf23ds@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 14:57:18 MST

Is there any resources listing the main different types of human
failures of reason/perception, and examples of each that might really
give one a good sense of exactly how bad we are at forming accurate
impressions of certain things? Something that might instill a good
deal of humility in someone, and teach them why the methodology of
science is so important in mitigating these failings? Something
analogous to the huge listings of all the different informal logical
fallacies you find peppering the web?

This post is what made me start wondering about this:
http://www.amptoons.com/blog/archives/2006/01/26/partisan-thinkers-dont-use-reasoning/

Chris Capel

--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"