RE: human psychological bias

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 15:59:54 MST

A good source for the information you seek is wikipedia's "List of cognitive
biases" ==
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cognitive_Biases

Along with the dozens of cognitive biases listed and briefly explained on
that page, there is the following list of useful references, including the
indispensable Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman:

Plous, S. (1993). The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making. New York:
McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0070504776

Gilovich, T. (1993). How We Know What Isn't So: The Fallibility of Human
Reason in Everyday Life. New York: The Free Press. ISBN 0029117062

Kahneman, D., Slovic, P. & Tversky, A. (Eds.). (1982). Judgment under
Uncertainty: Heuristics and Biases. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University
Press. ISBN 0521284147

Gilovich, T., Griffin D. & Kahneman, D. (Eds.). (2002). Heuristics and
biases: The psychology of intuitive judgment. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge
University Press. ISBN 0521796792

Regards,
Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com