Re: human psychological bias

From: Chris Capel (pdf23ds@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 17:50:57 MST

On 1/28/06, mike99 <mike99@lascruces.com> wrote:
> A good source for the information you seek is wikipedia's "List of cognitive
> biases" ==
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cognitive_Biases

Wow. Nice page.

I found this linked from one of the child pages there (I forget which):

http://www.williamjames.com/Science/ERR.htm

I find it's a good summary of many different types of bias, and it
includes brief blurbs about the experiments that have confirmed these
effects. It goes on to talk about self-perception theory, too. The
information is largely in Wikipedia (and less complete), but all on
one page.

> Along with the dozens of cognitive biases listed and briefly explained on
> that page, there is the following list of useful references, including the
> indispensable Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman:

[snip books]

Ahh, I should probably look into these. Too bad they're not on the
internet. :-( It's also a shame I don't live within an hour of a good
library. :-( :-(

Chris Capel

--
"What is it like to be a bat? What is it like to bat a bee? What is it
like to be a bee being batted? What is it like to be a batted bee?"