Re: AGI thoughts

From: Rick Geniale (rickgeniale@pibot.com)
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 09:04:45 MST

P K wrote:

> You haven't answered my last point. You claim to have a finished AGI
> right? How do you explain the fact that you are not doing the amazing
> things a person with an AGI can do?

Try to explain:

Is the concept of "finished" that is wrong.

1) PIBOT is not complete (we are currently working on it).
2) PIBOT don't know everything and cannot do everything.
3) We are implementing PIBOT general architecture right now.
4) We are working on learning strategies.
5) We are mainly working on natural language (for now).
6) We have said Turing Test by 2007 (but for us this is only a single
step in AI).
7) Turing Test is a thing (play with the stock market is a completely
different thing).
8) After complete, PIBOT should be trained to do things.
9) It will occour several time to train PIBOT on knowledge domains
(exactly like a human it will have to be assisted by experts of various
fields).
10) Nonetheless PIBOT is already a "singularity" (depending on how you
define this term).