RE: Hard takeoff [WAS Re: JOIN: Joshua Fox]

From: Olie L (neomorphy@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 18:08:15 MST

I suppose I'd better clarify one thing.

I'm not using "hard takeoff" in the narrow sense of the transition between
"pre-human" to "above human" intelligences.

I was using it in the broader sense of "hard takeoff of technological change
impacting on society."

Ie: bring on superintelligence, but the "hard takeoff" of "while we were
talking, I computroniumed the earth's core" is what I'm not-so-sure-about.

Note to self: don't argue when it's not clear that you're arguing about the
same thing.

>From: "Olie L" <neomorphy@hotmail.com>
>To: sl4@sl4.org
>Subject: RE: Hard takeoff [WAS Re: JOIN: Joshua Fox]